LoMo isn’t just a slightly more efficient way
of doing ‘normal’ meetings like
always writing an agenda.
It’s a fundamental shift in thinking.
If you are trying to shift to a no-blame, energised, empowered culture, changing the way your meetings are structured is a powerful way to show people new ways to work.
- in general, people do their best to do a good job
- everyone makes the best choices they can from the choices they perceive to be available at that time
- making more visible, earlier helps everyone contribute more and make better decisions
- it’s valuable to see how other people see the world – the insights they see that others can’t
- empowerment means individuals take more responsibility, not less
- the ‘human sensing machine’ is powerful and our feeling and frustrations provide valuable data
- the people closest to the work should contribute most to decisions about the work